The ETEP aim is to provide accessible education, support and guidance, while assisting participants over come many of the barriers they may face in returning to education. The ETEP offers a well balanced and varied programme of formal and informal education and training including accredited and non accredited courses.
All courses take place in state of the art class rooms, and are delivered by professional tutors and facilitators. The project provides variety of classes/courses ranging from Personal Development, GCSE, Accounts, History, and Computers.
Our service has the unique support of a one to one Learner Support. The ETEP offers a comprehensive range of Job Skills Support through the support of the Job links Worker. This support includes, one to one Job Search, CV’s, Application Forms, and Interview Techniques. We also have a 10 week OCN Job Skills course and hold a drop in Job Clinic weekly. A Job board can be found in the corridor of the Women’s Centre and is updated weekly with available jobs. Men regularly engage in the Education Classes and Employability Workshops. However we still endeavour to provide safe secure environment for women building confidence and developing new skills.
Job Links and Employment Support 2014-2015
Total number of clients using the Job Links service: 247
Total number of clients securing employment: 48
Total number of clients using Better off Calculation appointments: 38
Total number of clients using Rickter Interviews: 24
Shankill Women's Centre Job Links Service offers clients 1 to 1 support in securing sustainable employment. Our in house Job Links Worker Emma offers informed advice on training and further education in order for the client to up skill and keep in line with today's competitive work force.
We also offer clients:
- 1 to 1 CV building sessions
- Effective and supported job searching
- 1 to 1 support completing application forms
- Education and training development advice and guidance
- Drop in job clinic
- Better off Calculations: Personal assessment which clarifies if the individual is financially 'better off' in employment
- Rickter Scale: A motivational assessment and evaluation tool which allows clients to look at their readiness for work and to eradicate any barriers they may face.
A very important element of the Job Links Service is to encourage members of the programme to become involved in developmental activities such as volunteerting and job placements in order to increase their employment prospects.
Our Job Links Worker has been vital in developing employer links within all sectors to secure sustainable employment opportunities for service users.
Within the year 2014-2015 employer links were secured with:
- Bryson Charitable Group
- Gordon's Chemist
- St Mary's University College
- Healthcare Ireland
- Lynn Recruitment
- Beth's Bakery
- SSE Arena
- O'Hare McGovern Contractors
- Harvey Brothers Contractors
- Belfast City Council
- Employers for Childcare
- Swissport International LTD
- Marks and Spencer
- McCann and McCann Solicitors
- G4S Secure Solutions UK
- EventSec Security Services
- Belfast Education and Library Board
- Securitas Security Services
- Replay Jeans
- Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
- Lanark Way Filling Stations
- Clifton Nursing Home
- Quinn International Corp.
- BT Flex
If you wish to avail of the Job Links Service please contact Emma on 90240642 or email email@example.com